Alright, here are the rules. Write a 500-2000 word fictional short story of any genre. Post it in my comments to this particular Writing Contest post.
1) It must be clean (no graphic sex or cussing) ...not that I think you guys would post something like that, but I have to make sure
2) I will be the judge, but I will try to get two other judges to help if I can find two others willing to be judges
3) You must have your entry in by August 9th
4) I will announce the winner on August 16th (unless I get completely flooded... in which I reserve the right to postpone the announcement of the winner)
5) You must subscribe to either of my blogs (hehehe... tricky eh?) and I must have your email (you can put it in your post)
6) The winner gets a $20 gift certificate to Chili's or a restaurant of their choosing (as long as I can easily buy the gift card from my home town)
7) Have fun with it and good luck
A blog on all things fiction and writing
The purpose of this blog:
To interview authors, agents and those in the industry
To review books and short stories from published authors and yourself
To display excerpts from aspiring authors and receive CONSTRUCTIVE critiques from me and others who visit this site.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Ok, so here's how it works. And we'll find out how many brave people are stumbling onto my blog (I don't think my blog is getting much traffic YET). We're going to write a story together. I'm going to start with one line (sentence) and then you are going to write the next line. It may be just two of us for a few days (hopefully not months). But keep coming and writing. It will be fun. This is going to be a story in the fantasy genre. There can be humor if you want.
The knight charged on his pearl white steed toward the dingy gray castle.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
I know that it is cliche for fantasy lovers. But "The Lord of the Rings" is my favorite fantasy fiction. Several plots and subplots happening through different lands and people. Aragorn's and Frodo's inner struggle. It entails grand battle scenes, a classic tale of good vs. evil.
Don't be shy? What is your favorite piece or two of fiction?
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Thanks for visiting. I am working on networking with aspiring authors, published authors and others interested in fiction, especially fantasy. Please check back soon, as there will be lots of good stuff to discuss. I hope to make this blog very interactive.